Wednesday 4 February 2009

Marketing your Personal Brand

Many people running their own business are unaware of the power of their personal brand and are not aware of the amount of people who will search for them by name on search engines. I remember years ago when you would just thumb through a hard copy Yellow Pages or the BT Phone Book. I also remember going into offices where the entire catalogue of 75 yellow pages and 186 phone books would adorn the shelves, these days are now long gone.

Potential customers will now google individuals by name if they need their contact details or are recommended to them, so businesses need to make sure they can be found. There are various ways to do this and over the next few posts I will work through the various options, but the first most obvious one is to buy your actual domain name. I own www.grahamprice.info to make sure people find me, however i share this name with a number of people such as the famous Welsh Rugby player, so it is not always simple to get to the top of the search engines by domain name alone. I do recommend that parents call their children something original, the whole process would have been easier if I was named Cedric or Horace

Graham Price
www.salesacceleration.co.uk

No comments: